New information on Trayvon Martin case to be released
The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case says she will release new information soon, an announcement that came the same day George Zimmerman's attorneys made the bombshell statement that they were resigning.
The special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case says she will release new information soon, an announcement that came the same day George Zimmerman's attorneys made the bombshell statement that they were resigning. Special prosecutor Angela Corey said Tuesday she will hold a news conference within the next three days to release information on the controversial shooting case. Corey's declaration came after the shocking news conference where Zimmerman's attorneys said they have lost contact with him and no longer represent the neighborhood watch volunteer who authorities say fatally shot an unarmed teenager in Florida, says CNN. The man who fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is said to be losing weight, suffering from high levels of stress and unable even to perform the simple task of buying a soda at a grocery store because of the intense public scrutiny he is under, his former lawyers say. "He is largely alone. You might even say he is emotionally crippled by virtue of the pressure of this case," said Hal Uhrig, a former lawyer for George Zimmerman. The protests and the profound isolation of going into hiding may have pushed him "a little bit over the edge," said Uhrig and his colleague, Craig Sonner. The two attorneys announced Tuesday they no longer were representing the neighborhood watch volunteer because they haven't heard from him since Sunday, informs ABC News. The split came as special prosecutor Angela Corey neared a decision on whether to charge Zimmerman with a crime in the Feb.
26 shooting. Corey released a brief statement late Tuesday saying she would make an announcement about the case within 72 hours. She cited an unspecified new development in the case. Sonner and colleague Hal Uhrig said they had not spoken with Zimmerman since Sunday.
Since then, they said, they had learned that he spoke to special prosecutor Angela Corey's office and to Fox TV host Sean Hannity without consulting them, in an attempt to give his side of the shooting. They said Corey refused to talk to Zimmerman without his attorneys' consent and Hannity wouldn't tell them what was said, according to Philadelphia Inquirer. Zimmerman has also started a Web site, therealgeorgezimmerman.com, asking for money to deal with the "life-altering event" that, he wrote, forced him "to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life." Sonner and Uhrig said they had been unaware of Zimmerman's plans to create the site. They had been working with Zimmerman's father to start a legal-defense fund in the father's name, they said. Martin's father, Tracy Martin, scoffed at the wording of Zimmerman's site, noting that his son suffered not a life-altering event, but "a life-ending one," the Herald said, reports UPI.com..