Yemeni tribal men take over 4 Saudi military posts: Report
A report says armed Yemeni tribesmen have taken control of four military posts in southwestern Saudi Arabia
Citing Yemeni sources, the Lebanese Al-Manar channel reported on Tuesday that members of Yemeni tribes entered Saudi soil from Yemen’s northwestern Sa’ada Province and took control of the military posts in Najran and Jazan regions.
The report added that several Saudi troops were detained by the Yemeni tribesmen as well.
Riyadh has not commented on the report.
The development comes amid the continuation of Saudi Arabia’s military aggression against Yemen.
Yemeni media say different areas of Sa’ada were hit by 50 rockets overnight. Earlier, Hajjah Province came under attack.
On Monday, dozens of people were reportedly killed or injured in airstrikes on the southern province of Ibb.
Elsewhere in the southern Aden Province, an airport was hit more than 150 times.
A Yemeni man grabs a child by his clothes as he searches for survivors under the rubble from the houses destroyed in an overnight Saudi airstrike on a residential area in Yemen’s capital, Sana’a, May 1, 2015. (© AFP)
Saudi’s non-stop war on Yemen has severely destroyed the country’s infrastructure, making the delivery of humanitarian aid nearly impossible.
International rights groups are warning of a huge humanitarian catastrophe if the relief operations come to a halt.
Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 - without a UN mandate - in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and to restore power to the country’s fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.
In a recent report, Human Rights Watch said evidence shows Saudi Arabia has used cluster munitions in Sa’ada in recent weeks.
The Saudi military campaign has claimed the lives of over 1,000 people so far and injured several thousand others. Hundreds of women and children are among the victims, according to the United Nations health agency.